Friday, August 15, 2008

Jociel's Virtual Class Studio!

Welcome to my Virtual Studio! What better way to offer you classes and tutorials other than right at your fingertips! Now you can learn from the comfort of your home - in your p.j.'s if you want! Today I am posting my first tutorial on the SCALLOP EDGE BORDER PUNCH! Not only will I show you how to use this most awesome punch to make a border - but also use it to make SCALLOP FRAMES! WOW- you are just going to love this new tool - AND - it is one of the items I am offering in my AUGUST CLASS! Okay, let's get started...


SCALLOP EDGE PUNCH TUTORIAL

Basic Border:
Step 1: First, place our cardstock in the center of the punch and press the lever down.

Step 2: Slide your cardstock to the side, be sure to match the punched edges up with the silver scallop on your punch. Voila' - you have created a scallop border!




Scallop Square Frame Border:
Step 1: Start with a piece of 2 3/4” square of cardstock – insert into the scallop punch lining it up in the center and matching the edge with the silver scallops on the punch.
Step 2: Press lever down and punch. Turn the cardstock around and do the same on all 4 sides.

Here is what a 2 ¾” and a 2 ½” square will look like when completed:

Cool - when layered together!
Here is a card I made using the above layers and a stamped flower from one of the
15% OFF STAMP SETS: EASTERN ELEGANCE (offer god until 9/30/09)


When you use a 2 1/8” square, not only do you have a scallop square
(which falls out when the last side is punched) but you have another frame!

Here is a card I made using the above frame:

And - that's it! Now - let's see what you can do!

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I'm so glad you persevered! :D OK, I'll be showing that trick off. You MAY have just finished my advanced techniques class for me - I had three really labor-intensive projects, needed something that wouldn't hurt their brains TOO much. ROFL!
    THANK YOU, Jociel!!!

    ReplyDelete