Monday, September 8, 2008

Another Punch Tutorial!

I stamped up a storm this past weekend! First, my group of SU Demo's came Saturday for a shoebox swap - potluck lunch, etc. We call this event: STAMP-N-CHAT and that is exactly what we did!! The cards everyone made are so awesome and were loads of fun to make! The first person arrived at 9:30am and the last person left at 7:30pm! I took it easy on Sunday, played with my yorkie some (I think she has been feeling neglected!) and worked on the following punch tutorial:


Circle & Oval Scallop Frame Tutorial:

Step #1: I used my NEW 1 3/4" circle punch to punch a hole in the center of a 3"x3" piece of kiwi kiss cardstock.


Step #2: I then used my slit punch (after taking the guard off!) and inserted the slit punch in the center of the hole, to punch at 12 o'clock - 6 o'clock - 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock.


Step #3: Again, using my slit punch - I punched again (twice between each of the above)



I used the above frame to make this card:


I had trouble getting a good scan - the card base is So Saffron, the frame is kiwi kiss, mounted on whisper white, black, and tangerine tango. I added dazzling diamonds glitter and of course a rhinestone brad on the cherry!

Okay - if you place your slit punch on the inside edge of the circle, it will pop out and you will have this:


SO - I used those pieces to make the following two cards:
And - I may I just say: I love this color combo: pink pirouette, riding hood red, kiwi kiss, and chocolate chip!



Did I stop there? Of course not! I just had to try my NEW WIDE OVAL PUNCH!! And I made this card:

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment