Friday, October 10, 2008

Pumpkin Spinner Card


This is a card I learned to do a few years back. I LOVE pumpkins - FALL - harvest season... I just got this new "BIG SHOT" die and my new pumpkin embossing folder - so thought they would make a cute card! I started with So Saffron cardstock and made my card 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". I put the whole card in my embossing folder and ran it through my "BIG SHOT". I then layered a piece of Haiku Designer Paper over the card front (just attaching the corners and center of card) and used my coluzzle to cut a circle.
I cut two pumpkins out of Tangerine Tango (stems are chocolate chip), using my pumpkin die and attached a string between the two pumpkins. I then ran the string through the layer of designer paper and cardstock, using a glue dot to adhere the string tightly in place. The corners are done with my Photo Corner Punch and Kiwi Kiss Cardstock. I am really stuck on paper piercing these days - so of course, I got my Crafter's Tool Kit out and punched some holes!! I also used my white gel pen to do "faux stitching on the pumpkin" (the stitching is in the die!) I was pretty pleased with this card - hope you give it a try and email me your results!!

No comments:

Post a Comment