Tuesday, October 14, 2008

TECHNIQUE TUESDAY!


How about a Technique Tuesday? I have been hesitate to give this a try as life always seems to get in the way when I make a huge committment! But - I figure I would give it a try as I am always up for something new - how about you?!! The technique that I have done today is called: "Faux Embossing" and I think it is an elegant look - don't you? Okay - well, let's get started!

Supplies Used:
Season of Simple Grace Stamp Set
Many Merry Messages Stamp Set
More Mustard Cardstock
Not Quite Navy Cardstock
White Vellum Cardstock
Not Quite Navy Classic Ink Pad
Night of Navy Classic Ink Pad
Whisper White Craft Ink Pad
Scallop Edge Border Punch
Gold Brads
Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Step #1: Stamp your image on dark cardstock (not quite navy) with a dark ink (night of navy)
Step #2: Using your stamp-a-ma-jig, and whisper white craft ink, stamp your image again, off-setting it a little. (the dark ink will be a shadow). Let dry.

That's it - that's the technique!! Easy - right? I then layered my stamped image onto more mustard cardstock-white vellum cardstock- and not quite navy cardstock. I cut a 1/4" strip of not quite navy cardstock and applied a strip of white vellum cardstock (with punched scallop border) and fastened these together with gold brads and adhered to my card. I then stamped "noel" along the bottom.

If you like learning new techniques - I do a "Technique Class" on the 3rd. Monday of every month. In this class we make two technique cards along with a 6x6 technique page that has a copy of the card and the directions for future use! You can view my class calendar on my webiste for all the info. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Terrific card! I really need to look for my Stamp-a-ma-jig and put it to use.

    ReplyDelete